Wednesday, June 25, 2008

Nikko & Iroha

What is a Hachi Roku doing on my Roadster Blog?

Well today I went to Nikko Circuit with my friends from Newera and a bunch of others.

It turns out the Roadster is a fantastic camera car. I took a few shot's of Dai-san's AE86 on the way. After we fixed a flat tyre. grrr.

A short stop at the tyre place allowed time a nice shot before we headed to the circuit.

First up I rode in Miguel's AE86. A few off track excursions means he's trying very hard.

Dai san's fast handbrake entry to corners looks cool.

But Andy from Power Vehicles stole the show. So much smoke from his TO4Z equipped Chaser the full length of Nikko circuit.

After a great day at the track, I headed the 30klms to Nikko along the 119 and the 120 Up to lake Chuzenji. But the rain started to come so my pics were not as I hoped.

I like all the Cedar trees beside the road on the 120. I headed to Nikko centre near the river.
In Nikko Centre, opposite the famous temple. There's a nice spot for a quick pic on a rainy afternoon.

On the way Up Iro Hazzaka it started to get a bit misty, got the car a bit sideways, etting the feel for it. But not much attack due to the wet roads. Ohlins give lots of feed back on these smooth Japanese roads.

This shot in the tunnel near the top was kind of surreal. Something like a movie with all the mist around.
Once at the top I parked up beside Lake Chuzenji. It's a really nice spot for a photo or two. I took plenty here.
BUT unfortunately, there is usually a nice mountain and lake view in the background. But the mist and fog coverred everthing. It still turned out nice though. Maybe it was Andy's drift smoke.?!

Just to prove there is water nearby my photo location.

Ok time for a little attack. I slowed in two places for a couple of pics, but the downhill section of Iro Hazakka is an experience. The roadster handled it very well. Much better than my first fd.


Towards the bottom the road and weather started to clear again.
I know I'm close to home when I see this at Kasai-Rikai Park.


The meter now reads as follows. A nice little day's outing.

And the car handled it all without a hitch. I'm getting to know the bits and pieces. But I'm sure I'll learn more as I go.

Russ.

No comments:

Post a Comment

Enter a comment here.

OR

If you want to Email me directly, Email:Email GT-Roadster.

OR

I am always looking for content, so if you feel like contributing, Then please send me some info about any NC roadster event. E-mail GT-Roadtser Event Information.
OR
If you want me to feature your NC in a link, send me some pictures and a short story and I'll link you up in the owners section. Email a GT-Roadster Feature.