Sunday, September 13, 2009

Roadster Ultralight by RE-Xtreme

Well, http://www.autoblog.com/2009/09/11/mazda-mx-5-superlight-leaked-ahead-of-frankfurt/ and I must say it wasn't grabbing me.

The interior is mostly fantastic except the leather. So I did what I always do. Chopped it. My ULTRALIGHT version shuns the puny 1.8 in favour of a real 200-210hp 2.0L NA screamer. Eco Friendly light RAYS RE30 in Hyper Bronze. I moved the handle to right hand drive. The bonnet, fenders, doors and boot are all carbon. I lowered the passenger seat out of the wind and gave the bonnet hump a shove to one side and joined it to the dash and added a little screen. I think the result is something much more appealing to the tuning scene. My ultralight achieves 888kg kerb weight.

Come on show car guys. Who was the target audience for your slug? A performance car with no performance.... I am yet to see the Prius fuel economy series, so petrol engine is not dead yet.

Youtube Mazda release here.

Frankfurt Shots here

Russ.

2 comments:

  1. AWESOME photochop!! I like how you made the roll hoops different. I also was thinking it needed a very small speedster like windscreen. The type with no top surround. GREAT JOB!

    ReplyDelete
  2. Thanks,
    Just tidy up the details.

    Even the Mclaren SLR Sterling Moss speedster has a screen.

    Ariel atom doesn't but that doesn't even have a body.

    Xbox does. It makes sense.

    ReplyDelete

Enter a comment here.

OR

If you want to Email me directly, Email:Email GT-Roadster.

OR

I am always looking for content, so if you feel like contributing, Then please send me some info about any NC roadster event. E-mail GT-Roadtser Event Information.
OR
If you want me to feature your NC in a link, send me some pictures and a short story and I'll link you up in the owners section. Email a GT-Roadster Feature.