Sunday, January 4, 2009

19" Chopping

This car from KS Burnout has caused a lot of issues for me lately, I love the madly oversized 19" rims that really make the car incredibly aggressive and it's super dumped stance is simply rediculous and cool at the same time. The Weds Kranze LX2 521 rims are 19x9 +43 and fitted with super stretched 225/35/19 toyo proxes. It's simply a car that appeals to me. Front fender liners have been removed and I'm sure the ride, general handling, accelleration and braking are all affected by the rims.

But I love it and it's definately on the agenda.

When I chop any roadster up to 19" I think it looks very cool indeed. Even though the hubs are enlarged also, The real rims would look even bigger as the hub remains small.

The Kranze wheels are a problem for me because I do like a car that handles. Can the problems of increased weight and size be overcome by a light weight choice?

Maybe RAYS Bronze CE28N would be light. (Nopro)

Maybe upsized RE30 would be good. (Rodopina)

Maybe some lightweight Enkei NT03 or RP-F1 (Joyfast).
Or something from Advan F7 or these RZ ( Brightning ).

All look insane but when looking at wheel. Wheel weights make a huge difference to performance.

I have owned an NA roadster with Heavy Chrome 17" wheels and believe me when I say, you notice the difference in every driving environment. In a car with limited power you especially notice it. The fun chuckability is gone with heavy wheels, likewise accelleration is a chore and a brake and wait philosophy must be dialed in. They stayed on the car for a while but I eventually reverted to standard wheels.

My first FD had Rays CE37W lightweight wheels which gave amazing lightweight turn in and easy accelleration. My last FD wore 10" wide Advan RS for extreme grip, but thats not the focus of my NC.

To apply these ideas to my NC roadster which currently has lightweight Advan RGII and good feel. I am thinking about the lightest weight options possible.

SSR Type C are one of the lightest - 19x8 +48 - you are still looking at 9.00Kg each

RAYS TE37 or RE30 are light. TE37 Gen II may be even lighter.

BUT Dymag wheels could be the answer. Carbon rim and magnesium centre.

Now this car really has me thinking. The price will stop that though. Dymag 19x9 are £1,125 per wheel, but OMG! SOOO COOL!

Russ.

No comments:

Post a Comment

Enter a comment here.

OR

If you want to Email me directly, Email:Email GT-Roadster.

OR

I am always looking for content, so if you feel like contributing, Then please send me some info about any NC roadster event. E-mail GT-Roadtser Event Information.
OR
If you want me to feature your NC in a link, send me some pictures and a short story and I'll link you up in the owners section. Email a GT-Roadster Feature.