Thursday, January 1, 2009

First Drive 2009

What to do on NY is always a dilemma. But as the first sun hit the car in 2009, I knew I made a good choice to drive in the early darkness.
Although you can't quite make it out in this pic above, at about 6:40 the sky started to illuminate enough for Mt Fuji to become visible.

This one is a little better, but the fresh cold winter morning was displaying some beautiful light and the changes in gradation were enjoyed as Fuji came into full light.

I started to enjoy the early daylight around Tateyama in Chiba's Boso peninsula. This old place created some mood while about 100 hawks circled overhead.

On the road I was greeted to images like this.

The road itself was empty as the morning lazily cruised away.

Past a few beaches....
and through a few tunnels....

I was soon at Komagawa.

A turn inland and a nice pace saw the Boso Skyline dissapear behind.

Then the small roads through Chiba are a real pleasure when they are empty.

Winter strips the trees that line the roads.

My destination on the return journey, was a quick stop at the Tokyo Konan shrine. There is an awesome but short little road up to this with 1st and 2nd gear hairpins that begs to be driven well. It would make a great hill climb course.
The winter view that greets you at the top is awesome. To many Fuji is the only real Japanese Temple.
The views all morning were a great way to welcome 2009.
Russ.

1 comment:

  1. Great post and yes, a great way to see in the New Year. Nice to see you driving with the top down for a change :D

    ReplyDelete

Enter a comment here.

OR

If you want to Email me directly, Email:Email GT-Roadster.

OR

I am always looking for content, so if you feel like contributing, Then please send me some info about any NC roadster event. E-mail GT-Roadtser Event Information.
OR
If you want me to feature your NC in a link, send me some pictures and a short story and I'll link you up in the owners section. Email a GT-Roadster Feature.