Friday, December 19, 2008

New Roadster in the Flesh

Ok well, Here it is. I was lucky my local dealer had my favourite colour. Marble White! It was a soft top also and specced the way most enthusiasts would like. RS 6 speed. It really looked good in person. The dimensions do not look too long at all. But compared to my car it is very different.


The front grill looked very good on the soft top. the flat plastic item doesn't look too tacky. I think it would be much easier to keep cleen too.The front lights I don't think are as elegant as the older ones. The park lamp is simply stuck in the side. The centre slat just looks wierd hanging there. I think the chrome lights would look better. The silver finish is not so great on these. It kind of looks like it doesn't match.



The depth in the rear lights is very noticeable here. They really do stick out a lot.



This is how you they look from the rear. Yet to confirm retro-fitment. Hoops are silver as standard. I hope some people ditch these for chrome and sell them on Yahoo. Cheap.


The front for laps fitted here look ok, but nothing much happening on the black version.

Side view shows the option BBS and the SUPER LONG FRONT. I think we were all over re-acting. It's probably 5mm longer and without the number plate hanging out in front its quite a nice integrated design. Need to option those fog pods though.


This thing still has me interested for all the wrong reasons. Why is it there again? to make the car feel sporty? I'm not sure. My normal engine sounded pretty good this morning. I only have a Fujitsubo exhaust. It has some electronic connections? Is it a speaker? Kind of like a fake BOV and everyone bags those.



Iterior debate. Hmm. at first look the Alcantara Recaro seats, subtle redesign on the interior looked good. But When I sat in them they squashed my kidneys only.


Shoulder support is almost non existent. I was sliding off them actually. But I'd take these over the standard seats anyday. Just not for the price.


The back of the seat has the stock headrest, trimmed into the Alcantara mid section.


The base is pure RX8 normality. No support on the side, feels normal to me.

Now this bit is awesome. The HUGE clip to the centre slide cover is gone. You can actually put something in there now. The plastic flaps are a bit stupid though. They don't have a quality feel.
It slides easily and the pen holder is a nice idea. I am always looking for one to record MPG.

I don't know if the stereo has changed because I have an aftermarket one anyway.
And of course it looks better chopped and lowered. If I had the choice of my slightly tuned 08 or this one for 3Million yen it would be a tough choice.
Russ.

4 comments:

  1. marble white rocks!!
    i m still in love with mine...

    ReplyDelete
  2. My car was used, so colour choice was not an option, but If I ever bought a new car, it would be white.

    ReplyDelete
  3. White was my first choice as well, but they are very rare here in Australia, and i wasn't willing to wait weeks/months for one to arrive!

    ReplyDelete

Enter a comment here.

OR

If you want to Email me directly, Email:Email GT-Roadster.

OR

I am always looking for content, so if you feel like contributing, Then please send me some info about any NC roadster event. E-mail GT-Roadtser Event Information.
OR
If you want me to feature your NC in a link, send me some pictures and a short story and I'll link you up in the owners section. Email a GT-Roadster Feature.