Wednesday, June 3, 2009

Wheels again


OK, I've been braining again. The reality of buying Rays RE-30 is painful price and 14 spoke cleaning, that I hardly ever do, and the fact that the design with the offset I want is less inspiring. I remembered that This image of the Garage Vary NC Roadster (along with the 19" KS Burnout car) was one of the ones that swayed me to NC purchase and away from S2000.

So I got back to thinking again about Prodrive GC-05F in 18x8.5. They are available in +47 ( I have to check the Hub size though) with the shallow taper centre M disk. The BB British Black is almost a perfect match for the Galaxy Grey. AWESOME. They are forged and made by RAYS, so they are super light and the 5 Spoke design is easy to clean. Sounds perfect? Well, maybe not, the price is a little more than others, so that may be a deciding factor. If the Hub size checks out, they will have knocked the RE-30 way down the order.

So I found these Bridgestone made, cast wheels for almost exactly 1/2 the price. Avangrade Sports Type 071. "Advanced" Grade wheels are spun cast like most good cast wheels. Same offset +47 is available and the colour is actually the same Gun Metal Grey as the prodrive rims, The spokes are long and leave a thin edge and although the centre is not as elegant, I like the rim edge a little more.

So now I am back to simplicity based on initial inspiration. 5 or 6??

I think I have chopped almost everything onto my car now so the only ones left that I like are not available in the size I want. So thats about it for wheel posts... Maybe
Russ.

No comments:

Post a Comment

Enter a comment here.

OR

If you want to Email me directly, Email:Email GT-Roadster.

OR

I am always looking for content, so if you feel like contributing, Then please send me some info about any NC roadster event. E-mail GT-Roadtser Event Information.
OR
If you want me to feature your NC in a link, send me some pictures and a short story and I'll link you up in the owners section. Email a GT-Roadster Feature.