Friday, June 26, 2009

RHT Checkup

I have been putting up with my RHT rattling away for a while now. So I finally got frustrated and had time to go down to the dealer. I don't have a warranty on my car, so i thought it would be a hassle. But in Japan the RHT gets special treatment. They just know it's not perfect so they do everything to keep you happy.

I had the Mazda USA Service Bulletin, and the mechanic said he tightened the centre latch 1 turn. It's much harder to close now with the extra force. It doesn't seem to rattle anymore, but I'll have to wait for a colder day or an evening to see for sure. But, for now it's fixed.

Another problem though. My clutch pedal is getting low. Seems the Fidanza light flywheel may be having issues with the standard clutch after a while. It's never been great but I just thought it was how it was. It's pretty difficult to get a non jerky change unless you are going quickly. Pedal travel with bite is very small, I'll take it to corn's next week. I just hope it's not a complete money spender.

Russ.

No comments:

Post a Comment

Enter a comment here.

OR

If you want to Email me directly, Email:Email GT-Roadster.

OR

I am always looking for content, so if you feel like contributing, Then please send me some info about any NC roadster event. E-mail GT-Roadtser Event Information.
OR
If you want me to feature your NC in a link, send me some pictures and a short story and I'll link you up in the owners section. Email a GT-Roadster Feature.