Wednesday, August 19, 2009

Ebisu 12Hr

Well, what can I do while I wait for clutch repairs. Go RACING!

Last year, shortly after I got my roadster, I joined the last Sunako Juku race school with a bunch of friends and we learned some techniques from Sunako-san, who was a Super GT GT-R driver. Later that year I covered the Ebisu 12hr race that other members of Sunako Juku attended in a Civic with him.

This year, my friends invited me to join an 8 driver team attacking the Ebisu Super Endurance race series in their own car. This was a lot of preparation and hard work with fun thrown in for good measure. It takes a real team effort to get a car through 12hours.

Our N-spec BB6 prelude finished 4th in class. But more importantly finished it's first outing on the track and proved itself as a real race car, with great balance and some good speed.

It was a great experience. I hope I can get to the track a little more. but as cash has run dry, I will have to make some tough decisions soon.

You can see a lot more of my coverage on the TGRacing Datalog.

Russ.

No comments:

Post a Comment

Enter a comment here.

OR

If you want to Email me directly, Email:Email GT-Roadster.

OR

I am always looking for content, so if you feel like contributing, Then please send me some info about any NC roadster event. E-mail GT-Roadtser Event Information.
OR
If you want me to feature your NC in a link, send me some pictures and a short story and I'll link you up in the owners section. Email a GT-Roadster Feature.