Thursday, August 6, 2009

NR-SPEC Phase 1, Stickers.

I got impatient today because I had too many stickers all over the house. So i decided to apply them to my car.
I totally stuffed up the bonnet decal, but managed to save most of it. Just don't look close on this one.

So I got serious and laid on the tattoo manufacturer stickers ... Sweet! I was more careful with these and they are perfect.

Left side also went on very well. I was learning as I went there is a small issue in the rear door cut, but it's neither here nor there. It still looks great. I like them because in certain light you hardly see them, and in high contrast, they show up very well indeed. best of both worlds.

Left side, lined up well... then huh??? WTF the rear T was way off. I don't know what I did here, i think it's actually a mistake in the cutting of this one. I think the length was bowed. But 0.05 of a degree can make a big difference over a meter or so. Anyway. No drama. It's not a show car.

So thats it. Finished the sticker application. Now on to diffusser fitment then paint and wheel paint. Probably after the 24th. No time.
I'm really happy with the result and I learned a lot about sticker application. The main one is don't rush and it's probably best to have help. Just someone to do small cuts and hold things would make a big difference.
ps. Do it inside too. I'm a bit sunburned.
Can't wait to finish it off.
Russ.

2 comments:

  1. This will be looking great with the big gt-roadster-decal and the rear difussor giving the car a nice baseline.
    PS:I'm jealous about the hump-sticker ;)

    ReplyDelete
  2. Yes, it's gonna be good.

    I can't wait to get the clutch in, Diffuser on, paint and drive it again.

    ReplyDelete

Enter a comment here.

OR

If you want to Email me directly, Email:Email GT-Roadster.

OR

I am always looking for content, so if you feel like contributing, Then please send me some info about any NC roadster event. E-mail GT-Roadtser Event Information.
OR
If you want me to feature your NC in a link, send me some pictures and a short story and I'll link you up in the owners section. Email a GT-Roadster Feature.