Monday, September 29, 2008

Cosworth Supercharger

Another fresh item that is now available in the USA is the Cosworth supercharger kit for the MX5. POWER POWER POWER! 235~240hp translating to 210hp at the wheels.
Cosworth are a well respected name and their kit, while being a bolt on application, has plenty of stuff that I couldn't do. Professional mechanics estimate 12hrs for installation. USA version only with probably a heap of changes required for RHD and you would need to map the computer yourself.

To check what is involved before you get one. Check out the awesome installation guide.

Pricing is reasonable at around $6000 USD

There is a good write up on http://www.good-win-racing.com/ in the forums.

2 comments:

  1. Hi, Russ!

    Thank you for your precise information. You’re in Japan, aren’t you? Mr. Shimazaki and his company (Brightning Corp.) are now working on mapping the ECU for the domestic (Japanese) NCEC Roadster with a help from Cosworth. They are intending to promote Cosworth Supercharger in Japan pretty soon! JFYI.

    -- Yoshihiro

    ReplyDelete
  2. Cool! Yes, I am in Japan.

    I have met Brightning guys. They do sensible modifications.

    100% power up...!
    They will sell well in Japan.

    ReplyDelete

Enter a comment here.

OR

If you want to Email me directly, Email:Email GT-Roadster.

OR

I am always looking for content, so if you feel like contributing, Then please send me some info about any NC roadster event. E-mail GT-Roadtser Event Information.
OR
If you want me to feature your NC in a link, send me some pictures and a short story and I'll link you up in the owners section. Email a GT-Roadster Feature.