Saturday, September 20, 2008

Mazda Festa 2008


I went as a guest of a friend. To lend support and a hand when needed. My friends machine Tweety Roadster


Helping out with Shaken and stuff.



Tom entered the Emblem class instead of clubman 1. 2 levels Up. winning would be tough.



Clubman 2 still looked like fun as we started to setup. No 73 on display.

Tom was pumped and ready.

Many Roadster graphics looked cool.




Modena style stripes


Clubman 2 qualifying




This is the D-Techniques TCR2000 of Kato san. Tom's car is the same spec. but Kato is 2 seconds quicker. He has been driving around tsukuba for a long time.



Today there waas a 4 hour race also with members of the media. Some super T drivers also were "ring in"s. Orido and some others.

Emblem Class Course in.



Looked cool in the Pit.



D technique TCR 2000 twins.





What are you looking at Nao san...?





After the qualifying. Times were fast. Tom held back in the wet a little as others had spun but the track dried out and everyone just went faster.

I almost entered the Roadster class. Just a 15min time attack. R16 member Kentaro-san entered and had some fun in his modified NR-A.


Kentaro's best was a 1:13.6



On the formation lap I was allowed to ride with Tom. My first time on Tsukuba circuit itself actually. I was impressed with the camber of the course.

We followed kato san as he showed us the line. A bit straighter approach to corners in places than you think.



On the grid. R16 friends came to support us. Thanks dudes.



Warm up lap.
Always a very bust start in a one make series.

Tom enjoyed his battle with some faster runners that spun in front of him.


Of course Kato-san dominated again. He is the champion of roadster at tsukuba. 3 wins this year.

Tom, Kato and Nao. Who's wine is that Nao?


787b and a couple of race queens makes a nice picture.

RE-雨宮 Super GT 300 class car.

58 seconds from only 300hp is insane. This is fast! More pics here.

The four hour race has a le-mans style start. run to the car. only 90 litres of fuel also for 90min.

Makes all out attack impossible, managed fuel is important.
I like the livery on this car. The Martini racing logo's look cool.

My car. Next time after a few mods I will challenge the circuit. LSD, Stabiliser links and a seat please. (any sponsors?)

Big Thanks to Tom
Thanks to the guys from R16.

It was a great day.

1 comment:

  1. They are awesome picture Russell. Clearly capture the atmosphere of the day. Thanks very much for this.

    ReplyDelete

Enter a comment here.

OR

If you want to Email me directly, Email:Email GT-Roadster.

OR

I am always looking for content, so if you feel like contributing, Then please send me some info about any NC roadster event. E-mail GT-Roadtser Event Information.
OR
If you want me to feature your NC in a link, send me some pictures and a short story and I'll link you up in the owners section. Email a GT-Roadster Feature.