Thursday, April 16, 2009

Wheel Test & Drive

The C1 is a cool place. I love the way the government puts the corner radius on the signposts. "just like a racetrack"


I love the way the roads fly and wind though the buildings. sometimes 15 levels in the air.


I love the architecture also. The Toyota Amlux building is one. But thats not the real reason for this post.

I went to one of old old haunts today. Hasegawa Parts. I really just needed to get out of the house, it was a little far but the place always has a bunch of used wheels and I had seen some on the web I liked that were really really cheap.
Unfortuanely the ones I saw 19inch were cracked (cheap) and ultimately 4 hole. Damn I should have checked better. But I found these 18inch SSR Professor and I thought it would be a good test. The guys are friendly too, (try to sell something) so it was no problem to try them on.
Fronts were 18x8.5 +43. No clearance problems even with high 225/40/18 buggy style. But its close. Obviously +43 is just a few mm too far out. Although the stretched tyres looked good.
Rears were 18x9.5 + 43. No way! Too Fat! Inner clearance was good so I could run wider rear but the stance is silly. So now I am more confused. (above is Chopped- Slightly lowered) I have questions.
Is a stretched 215 on an 8.5 inch rim really going to work...?
Is +50 the right way to go?
From todays outing I think not Maybe +45 or +48 is better.
So while thinking on the way back, I took some more C1 shots in the sun. Always strange driving on the C1 in the day time. Bring back the glory night time racing days.

Might turn on the PS3 and play Wangan Midnight tonight. It really does look the same.

Russ.

3 comments:

  1. I think it looks good man! Rear looks cool imho but I'm one for such looking fitment haha

    ReplyDelete
  2. Yeah, It's wide. It did look cool, but there would be some fender work involved. he he.

    ReplyDelete
  3. Let the wheel do the fender work for you...thats what I did haha

    http://s9.photobucket.com/albums/a65/blkrdstr/?action=view&current=desktop2.jpg

    ReplyDelete

Enter a comment here.

OR

If you want to Email me directly, Email:Email GT-Roadster.

OR

I am always looking for content, so if you feel like contributing, Then please send me some info about any NC roadster event. E-mail GT-Roadtser Event Information.
OR
If you want me to feature your NC in a link, send me some pictures and a short story and I'll link you up in the owners section. Email a GT-Roadster Feature.