Thursday, April 30, 2009

Tsukuba Drive

Tsukuba brings out all kinds of cars all day. This Europa was soooo low. The whole car was lower than the door line on my car.

On the road the car looks very cool. and of course the sound is a raspy thundering bee scenario.
Elevation changes and tight mainly second gear corners with small runs up to third, really hooks you.
It attracts all kinds of cars. Today there were drift chasers and FC, EVOs and WRX, Ferrari and Capuchino among the many cars that were enjoying the sun. R32 and R33 Skylines enjoying the road of the same name. One of a couple of EVO9MR owners had tyre pressure gauge and seemed ready for action. I also saw Tarmac Rally style EVO 3 and well as a EVO5. Rx8, DC5, NA Mx5, most were going pretty fast while I was travelling in the other direction. Touge is still fun.

This 328 gtb Ferrari owner was out for a drive/picnic with his dad. His brother has a 355. A good GTB still goes for 8Million yen in Japan. I just had my Ferrari driving shoes. HAHA.
The location is beautiful and the weather today was great.

My car is dirty but the bright sun hides a lot.
You usually end up finding a similar car to chase. This car was sitting flat so I wanted to find out what sus etc.

We had a chat for a while.

It seems our cars were basically the same with 5 speed and LSD but no other luxuries. You will notice even the rear roll cover supports are plastic. So I am now going to call mine an NR-A-RHT which was probably the intention of the previous owner.
We had both updated Ohlins DFV with Nopro links and standard stabiliser bars. Almost no body roll. (like my car) we both had S-Drive tyres and no engine mods other than Jets exhaust.
His Enkei GT-C were a low cost alternative to Prodrive. It was interesting to follow a similar car.
Russ.

No comments:

Post a Comment

Enter a comment here.

OR

If you want to Email me directly, Email:Email GT-Roadster.

OR

I am always looking for content, so if you feel like contributing, Then please send me some info about any NC roadster event. E-mail GT-Roadtser Event Information.
OR
If you want me to feature your NC in a link, send me some pictures and a short story and I'll link you up in the owners section. Email a GT-Roadster Feature.