Thursday, October 30, 2008

Nopro Stabi-Links & Stuff

What's Today's Blog Story ....








A lowered Roadster half done is really not much fun. bumby bumpy harsh ride. Reason the stabiliser is twisted fully all the time and therefore allows Zero compliance.

I ordered some NOPRO Short Stabiliser links and man.... for a small thing they make a huge, HugE, HUGE difference. D.I.Y Installation took me a little while as I also took the opportunity to lower the suspension another 10mm at the reat and about 7 at the front.

It's low. But now I have a full range of stabiliser bar movement and the ride is much more comfortable. Around town it doesn't bump around at the rear anymore. I still need to adjust my ohlins for damping, but I need a few nice corners to sort those out.

I was doing the install at my friends place. He just got his FD back from Knight Sports. The single Knight Sports Turbo setup is making 431 bhp @ the wheels @ 1.1 bar. Bye bye RE-01s! Miguel also installed some LED rear lights today.

While I was there I noticed an old yellow faded GT wing lying around. I couldn't resist sticking it on the back of the car. I only had my phone camera so the pics are crap, but you get the idea.

This one was just simply way way way way too big for the roadster. I would never fit one anyway, but I had to check it out. Onto more interesting stuff.
I also noticed Dai-san was cleaning something.... It was only THE twin turbo veilside Z from Fast and Furious III - Tokyo Drift. This one's sold to a lucky customer. And is the last but 1 RX8 of 18 ff cars my friend aquired after the shooting.

This paint scheme got me thinking more about graphics. So I wanted to try something.

Stupid idea really. I went and bought a roll of electrical tape for $1.00 I added some TEMPORARY stripes to the roadster. I took them off already but I may re-add them on sunday when I go cruising with the R16 guys. I also tried some headlight eyebrows, but i wasn't happy with the silver tape I had. I'll try again.
Anyway, I'm very happy with the NOPRO links and the low Ohlins DFV setting.
Russ.

No comments:

Post a Comment

Enter a comment here.

OR

If you want to Email me directly, Email:Email GT-Roadster.

OR

I am always looking for content, so if you feel like contributing, Then please send me some info about any NC roadster event. E-mail GT-Roadtser Event Information.
OR
If you want me to feature your NC in a link, send me some pictures and a short story and I'll link you up in the owners section. Email a GT-Roadster Feature.