Monday, July 21, 2008

R16 Touring Report



The final destination was Mt Haruna Ropeway. But this was a long journey for 40 cars that strangely looked the same. I wonder why?



R16 is a Chiba based club with members travelling from around the greater Tokyo area to enjoy a sunday drive. The meeting place for this event was Kamisatsu Parking area. Where about 20 members gathered after a 4am wake up call.



Cruising to the main meeting place with 20 cars on the highway was cool!



Arriving at the main meeting place, I was confronted with another 20 members waiting for us, having spent the previous night on driving location in Gunma. Rodopina's beautiful Highland Green roadster is tuned in a similar way to my old FD. I love it. A mix of Nopro and other parts complemented by bronze Rays RE30 wheels. You cant go wrong.



My car fitted in well and i toured with eight other galaxy grey Roadsters most of the day.



As the meeting area filled. A chance to chat an enjoy the cars and get to know each other before the silence was rudely interrupted.



The Nopro demo car has a distinctive exhaust note. 2.3l of growling NA. the most notable feature of this car is the 255 rubber. Pretty big, but then again it is a track car with no luxuries.


We set off in colour order and wound our way up into the mountains.



Crossed some bridges and arrived at a nice area for some pictures and an ice cream. 28 degrees in the mountains.



A bit more driving to the manza Prince hotel and my passenger was taking some nice driving pics.









This area is a volcano, with sulphurous scent wafting through the air.



A slight rainshower saw the top up for a few minutes before a traffic jam on one of the most amazing mountain roads I have ever seen!



After lunch we headed down the Manza highway, stuck behind a minivan. But we just cruised.
It was a weekend, so Japan traffic in the mountains is always an issue.



This kind of traffic is cool! Turning right!



Leading the cars most of the day was this blue machine. A well balanced and beautiful car.



This group opened the throttle on our last stage of the day. Awesome fun.

After a break, it was time to head home. I followed the Nopro car for a while, the sound is awesome!

Russ.

No comments:

Post a Comment

Enter a comment here.

OR

If you want to Email me directly, Email:Email GT-Roadster.

OR

I am always looking for content, so if you feel like contributing, Then please send me some info about any NC roadster event. E-mail GT-Roadtser Event Information.
OR
If you want me to feature your NC in a link, send me some pictures and a short story and I'll link you up in the owners section. Email a GT-Roadster Feature.