Thursday, July 24, 2008

Seat Trial.

After my recent seat trial. I have narrowed down the selection. But all may have drawbacks. I tried sports and full bucket seats, but it's a full bucket I want.

Esqueleto Type4 were great. They are made for the roadster. Very comfortable, but sadly thigh support was lacking. A little small too. You sit on them and not in them.

RS-GE I have tried a couple of times. Not bad but a bit high. 4.5 kg
TS-GE is the lower version. 4.6 kg! I haven't tried it but the RS-G was good, so I'd expect these to be the one. Recaro pricing is prohivitive though. 540wide gives ample door clearance too.
Check the gallery at ASM

Bride Low Max Zieg III with LF rail looks like a good choice. -45mm lower - Helmet clearance no problem. But Centre console may be in trouble with 560mm wide shoulder. Vehicle entry is also difficult.

So

Maybe the final solution is a little more flexible. Bride Stradia. Reclining? Nice red stitching. 550 wide which is good for the door. There is a sample Roadster fitment on the Bride site. -45mm lower and I can also adjust the back position to suit me also. I have driven a few hundred clicks in Bride Stradia and they are great. The drawback here is that it's much heavier. Double the others.

Esqueleto FRP 84000 + 18900 Rail
Bride Zieg III FRP Black Logo 70285 + 17850 LF Rail
Bride Stradia Sport FRP Black 98,350 + 17850 LR Rail
Recaro R/TS-G FRP Black 112350 + 18900 Base Frame

I can get Bride cheaper too so this may be the decider. wow... too dificult.

Thanks to the R16 guys for the trial sittings.

Russ.

No comments:

Post a Comment

Enter a comment here.

OR

If you want to Email me directly, Email:Email GT-Roadster.

OR

I am always looking for content, so if you feel like contributing, Then please send me some info about any NC roadster event. E-mail GT-Roadtser Event Information.
OR
If you want me to feature your NC in a link, send me some pictures and a short story and I'll link you up in the owners section. Email a GT-Roadster Feature.