Friday, May 8, 2009

Small Projects

Ohlins rear adjustment.

I went to Nishiki suspension shop today, who are an ohlins dealer. I wanted to get the extention cable to adjust the rear damper settings easily. $120.00 each side! $240... WHAT THE! AND there is a big problem anyway upon inspection. There is no way that the cable would clear the rear section anyway.

My car already has the quick adjusters on the top of each strut so I guess I have to resort to cutting the rear panels even though I don't really want to.
I'll get some hinges and try to make it look stock but lately with my attention to detail being not as it was I'll probably just end up butchering it. haha. I have to repeat for both sides.

The other small project is a Front Grill Duct.
I have an old Soft Top grill lying around and some old front vents that I opened up.
I thought I moght incorporate them into the grill so I gould have an option for Brake/air intake ducting and driving Lights if i decide to put them on later.
I have photochopped and it didn't look great. ok at best, but there are two or three issues.
1. Should the ducts
a) be recessed from the inside with just a slight section protruding.
or
b) Protrude more and cover the grill from the outside.
I'm leaning towards Option a.
The other Problem is
2. One or two ducts.
a) right side only for an air intake.
b) both ducts for a balanced look but introducing another problem. 3.
3. Plate Mounting.
I have a Tuckin 99 mount so its flexible
a) with two ducts , remount in original position
b) with two ducts, mount low on the front.
c) with one duct, balance the appearance with a left fitted plate.
Let me know... what you think.
Russ.

No comments:

Post a Comment

Enter a comment here.

OR

If you want to Email me directly, Email:Email GT-Roadster.

OR

I am always looking for content, so if you feel like contributing, Then please send me some info about any NC roadster event. E-mail GT-Roadtser Event Information.
OR
If you want me to feature your NC in a link, send me some pictures and a short story and I'll link you up in the owners section. Email a GT-Roadster Feature.