Sunday, May 24, 2009

Wheels Full Circle

I've eliminated almost all possibilities of running 19" rims without much trouble, so the answer is 18x8.5 +50ish and 225 rubber. This will allow me to dump the car and still remain perfectly ok with ride quality and performance. So I am back to the true JDM, (Almost... That would me 16" rims.) lightweight performance models.

I went and looked at some SSR Type F today at "Crystal" and they looked pretty good.
+50 face 1 still has sufficient centre depth to look cool and the Flat black is also cool.



But I am also considering the ultimate Rays RE-30 also.

The problems with Rays RE-30 is choosing a colour and 2 keeping them clean. I must say I am not a great fan of the Formula Limited with Diamond cut rim. But it's probably the best match. The normal silver is a bit bland. Bronze or Hyper Bronze and Grey don't match at all and new Black Machined lip are a bit wierd.

The last option is Advan RGII, RZ or RS-D, but I feel they will be almost the same as what I have now. So the reason for updating is almost zero.

So I think the Type F will probably get the nod.

Russ

No comments:

Post a Comment

Enter a comment here.

OR

If you want to Email me directly, Email:Email GT-Roadster.

OR

I am always looking for content, so if you feel like contributing, Then please send me some info about any NC roadster event. E-mail GT-Roadtser Event Information.
OR
If you want me to feature your NC in a link, send me some pictures and a short story and I'll link you up in the owners section. Email a GT-Roadster Feature.