Monday, February 16, 2009

Sunday Drive - South

Today a trip to the Outlets in Yokohama marina. I got some new running shoes. Exercise time!

After, I followed the signs along the Route 16 to Kamakura.

It looked close on the map but it took ages to get there along the back streets. But it was interesting none the less.


A few tunnels to play with. Anyway... Kamakura was a weekend Traffic Jam so I
gave Enoshima the middle finger and tried to find somewhere to stop. Hayama was the only place I could pull off the road about 10klm later. Stupid! This area is beachfront roads but nowhere to stop.


I eventually found this Denny's pay car park near the beach.

The views were nice, but I was exhausted from all the traffic. After a light snack I headed home.

I was surprised to come across NOPRO on R24. I had no idea where his workshop was. So when I drove past and there were 4 NC's out front and saw Gami-san outside. I stopped for a quick chat. He was working on a Cosworth Supercharged NC that looked absolutely standard from the outside. SLEEPER.

Yokohama factories are awesome sights but I would wonder about the air living in this area.

Of course the return journey included the mandatory toilet stop at Daikoku Futo. Only a Celica meet and a Suzuki Swift meet today. No supercars.
Russ.

No comments:

Post a Comment

Enter a comment here.

OR

If you want to Email me directly, Email:Email GT-Roadster.

OR

I am always looking for content, so if you feel like contributing, Then please send me some info about any NC roadster event. E-mail GT-Roadtser Event Information.
OR
If you want me to feature your NC in a link, send me some pictures and a short story and I'll link you up in the owners section. Email a GT-Roadster Feature.